Monday, October 6, 2008

10 Years!

This year Clayton and I will be married 10 years! I have meaning to do my first post for a long time but now I have a good reason.

In 1997 at the end of both of our missions in Arizona Clayton was transferred to Mesa and I got a new district leader. We had never met before, but I thought he was a nice guy. He baptised a guy we taught for a singles ward we were serving in. Here is a picture of Clayton and Jose. (Sorry Clayton, remember that jumpsuit was a little snug?)
So Clayton went home after just a month of being my district leader. And we wrote each other for one month until I got home. We were just friends but started hanging out when I got home. We did fun things burn our socks when there was a full moon for good luck. (I guess it worked!)

Here we are fishing (We haven't fished again)
Clayton was working nights at UPS and I would sometimes bring him dinner so we could see each other. I brought him dinner one night and was late so I was trying to get him to hurry and eat. He started to chock on his drink then said "Look what was in my drink" he held out his hand and there was my ring! and he said to me "will you be my wife" I was so surprised! But I said yes.

Now it has been 10 years. It hasn't always been easy but I really love my husband and am glad he gave me my 3 little boys. Thanks Clayton, happy anniversary.

9 comments:

SalGal said...

What a beautiful bride! Congrats on your 10 year anniversary. It never seems that long, does it? We had our 11th this year. :-)

Melanie said...

Yeah! I am so happy you are a blogging kind of girl now! Congratulations on ten years!

RATCH said...

Yay you have a blog! Congratulations on 10 years! I love the picture of you guys burning your sock.

Christy Ivory said...

Loralee,
You look so beautiful in your wedding dress. I love it!!! You both make such a handsome couple.
I really miss you. We had so much fun together.
Hey, do you know where sis. Barker is or sis Spencer? I know one of them would know where the other one would be.
Ryan and I had our 10 year ann. in May. I can't believe how time goes by so fast.
Talk to you soon, Thanks for setting up the facebook mission page.

Amy C. said...

Love your new blog. I have more pictures of you two dating if you ever need them. 10 years seems like so long ago . . . at the same time it was like a month ago. We had some good times double dating. I was so happy you guys got married and your cute family is such good friends to our fam! You really were a beautiful bride! Can't wait to see more posts.

Carrie Cudney said...

I love your new blog! Congratulations on 10 years. I think you might need to do some more explaining about the buring your socks for good luck thing. Did you just make that up?

Meta said...

so glad you FINALLY posted something. I've been waiting and waiting.....:)

Congrats on 10 years! Love the fish picture - why haven't you gone again? you seem like the kinda gal who would like to hold a wet fish!

Blogging to Blog said...

Cute blog! I love to see old pictures. Congrats on 10 years!

Amanda said...

Oooh I am so excited you started a blog!